OUR STORY begins at the end of WWII when Captain Glynn West returned home from service to Hopeful, Georgia. He took the farm land he had been left by his father and started a dairy. He married, had five children, and fostered a love for the country life in all of them. Glynn eventually purchased a second farm in Grady County (circa 1970), giving birth to Grady Ranch and its name. Glynn’s oldest son stayed at home to help with the Hopeful farm (West Haven), while younger brother Bill West and son-in-law Bob Holden came to Grady Ranch to work. A dairy was established here, and with such lush pastures, Bill and Bob utilized an open grazing plan with rotational grazing from the beginning. Bob's son Bobby came back to the farm in the early 1990's after graduating from the University of Georgia's School of Agriculture. The three worked together side by side until 2011, when Bob decided to retire. It was at this time Bill and Bobby collaborated and looked for a change. With the incredible pastures and Bill and Bobby's combined knowledge of cows and forage, they decided to trade in their milk cows and raise totally grass-fed beef. In 2012, the first Black Angus cattle arrived on the farm and they have been thriving here ever since. The cattle are raised with a particular focus on quality and flavor using only grasses, resulting in a great tasting beef, free of antibiotics, added hormones, and grain. It is a family affair with both wives and children participating in the business. The next generation is being groomed as well, with Bobby's oldest son Ben now working on the farm, after receiving his degree in Agriculture from UGA-Tifton. We are pleased and honored to share with you our story and our beef.
GRADY RANCH is a local, fourth generation family farm located near Whigham, a small Southwest Georgia town. Our mission at Grady Ranch is to provide the consumer with the highest quality agricultural product we are able to produce, while practicing natural and environmentally sustainable stewardship of the land in order to maintain it for future generations. We are dedicated to being a transparent and authentic family business, striving at all times to apply the highest level of integrity in all business practices. All of the cattle are bred, born, and raised here on our farm. The cattle are allowed to graze and grow at their own rate, using open rotational grazed pastures. They are free of hormones and antibiotics. Grady Ranch feels that grass fed, grass finished, pasture raised beef is better for the environment, for the animal, and for you.
GRADY Ranch produces 100% Grassfed and Grass Finished Angus Beef. All of our animals are individually processed, the meat is never commingled. All standard cuts are available, please click the pricing button above to view available cuts. You may contact us directly for purchase. Online ordering is available weekly through the Red Hills Online Market, Sunday 8am - Wednesday 6am, with pick up on Thursdays in Tallahassee, FL and Thomasville, GA at Sweet Grass Dairy.
* Our products are individually vacuum packaged and frozen by
a USDA inspected facility.
* Our products are available for both commercial and private
* For our retail and larger volume prices, click on the button above.
* For our wholesale prices please contact us at 229-378-7672 or
* Live animals may be purchased and delivered to a local butcher
of your choice. This is the most economical option if you
have the freezer space or if you would like to "cow"-pool with
Please contact us directly for purchasing a live animal.
Where to Find Us
Tips for Cooking your Grassfed Beef
(compiled from our own experience and American Grassfed Beef Association)
1. Completely thaw meat in refrigerator, NEVER in the microwave.
2. If you need a faster thaw time, place vacuum sealed bag in cold water until thawed.
3. We suggest "wet aging" in the refrigerator in sealed vacuum package for 7-10 days. For leaner cuts (New York Strip, Flank, Sirloin, etc.), marinade in the refrigerator to add flavor and enhance moisture content. We suggest orange juice and olive oil with your favorite herbs for a tasty marinade!
4. Always bring meat to room temperature before cooking. We suggest allowing meat to drain any additional blood while waiting on meat to reach room temp. (We place ours on clean paper towels in a clean tray while waiting)
5. REMEMBER: Grassfed meat will cook about 30% faster than grain fed beef. We suggest investing in a good meat thermometer to keep track of your temperature. Also, drop your traditional cooking temperature by 20-30 degrees.
6. Grassfed beef is most ideal when served medium rare. Should you prefer more well-done meat, consider cooking at lower temps in a sauce. A slow cooker or crock pot is ideal for this method.
7. Use tongs or a spatula for turning meat, a fork will puncture the meat and allow moisture and flavor to escape.
8. Always preheat your grill, pan, or oven prior to placing meat.
9. On the stove: pan sear on high heat then turn the heat low to continue to cook.
10. On the grill: quickly sear on high and then reduce heat to medium to low to finish cooking. (Some recipes call for a pan or grill sear and then finish at low temp in oven- this is also a delicious method!)
11. When roasting: sear beef first to lock in delicious juices, then place in your preheated oven. Reduce your traditional roasting temperature by 50 degrees.
12. Always let the beef rest covered for 5-10 after removing from heat. Remember, meat continues to cook even after it is removed from heat, so keep an eye on your thermometer.
13. ENJOY! You have invested in a quality product that is healthy and delicious! There are multiple sites that give endless ideas and recipes which allow you to be creative and make something you, your family, and friends will love! Have fun!
See what everyone is saying about
"As a cook, I work with choice and prime cuts of beef on a daily basis and am overwhelmingly pleased with the Grady Ranch flavor, quality and fat content. When I first met Bill I didn't quite understand all of the agricultural finesse, but I could see and hear the passion that the family had for their animals and of course their customers. Farm to table has never tasted so good!"
- Stephen M.
"Grady Ranch Beef made the best hamburgers we've had!" - Suzanne F.
"Tasty, quality meat and wonderful friendly family-owned business! Make sure to get a few of their delicious recipes!"
- Rose G.
5 Stars On Facebook
Source: Grady Ranch Facebook